Best Low-Cost Vascular Surgery Abroad: Medical Tourism
Seeking medical help and treatments abroad became a norm today. Just ten years ago, it seemed almost impossible that people on one side of the world would have the opportunity to find medical help on the other side of the world. Traveling solely for medical reasons got its own name: medical tourism. It is so often that people are traveling abroad for medical reasons nowadays, that certain countries introduced special medical visas for such purposes.
It has never been easier to find a vascular specialist or a vascular surgeon and to book a trip overseas to receive the much needed treatment or surgery. Unfortunately, a big number of countries are lacking in experts, but that does not mean that you cannot find the cure for your medical problem or illness.
What is Vascular Surgery
The term vascular surgery includes all of the surgical procedures and treatments that are related to the vascular system. The vascular system includes arteries and veins, which are responsible for blood circulation. Vascular system also includes the lymphatic system which is making sure that lymphatic circulation is running as it should.
The specialist who is in charge of this medical field is called a vascular surgeon. Besides, obviously, operating, vascular surgeons are also prescribing to their patients non-surgical treatments which include medications and exercises.
Not all problems require surgeries and in many cases it is better to avoid such intrusive procedures if there is medicine that can bring relief to the patient.
Medical Tourism and Vascular Surgery
Packing and traveling to your chosen medical destination is the final step in your preparations. Before anything else, find a folder in which you will keep all your relevant medical documentation, including blood analysis and similar test results. This is important for your new doctor, as well as for getting a visa in case you need it.
When it comes to travel documentation, check if the visa is mandatory for the country you are planning to visit. Also, make sure to check if there is a medical visa for which you can apply. If there is not, you will apply for a regular tourist visa. Find the website of the country’s embassy and see which documents you need for the application process. Your passport must be up-to-date, therefore check the expiration date. If needed, you will have to renew your passport before your trip. Visa process can take up to a whole month, so our advice is to firstly deal with all that. Book your accommodation and your travel tickets since you will also need them as a proof of your planned trip.
Some hospitals and medical centres offer help when it comes to these travel preparations for an additional charge. In some cases this can be a great advantage. If you are in a position to afford this, do contact your chosen hospital and see if they can overtake the whole process.
Finding Vascular Surgery Treatments Abroad
Are you looking for a vascular surgeon? On the Medical Tourism directory you can find the best vascular surgeon in the world.
Simply pick the specialty, that is vascular surgery in this case, select the treatment and choose the country. You will then be able to see the list of hospitals and medical centres which have the selected treatment among their medical services.
Are you interested in hospitals located in Europe? Quirón hospital in Spain and Hygeia hopspital in Greece offer vascular surgeries.
Do you want to find hospitals located in Asian countries? There is for example Medicana Hospital Group in Turkey and Gachon University Gil Medical Center in South Korea.
- AAA Abdominal aortic aneurysm (surgery to treat aneurysm in the abdominal aorta); NHS on abdominal aortic aneurysm; SVS on abdominal aortic aneurysm.
- Arterial vascular disease (interrupted blood flow in the blood vessels);Affinity health system on arterial vascular disease.
- Brain aneurysm, cerebral aneurysm (surgery to treat aneurysm in the brain); Medline plus on brain aneurysm repair; Stroke association on cerebral aneurysms; AANS on cerebral aneurysm.
- CVI Chronic venous insufficiency, Venous Insufficiency, Venous Leg Ulcer, Phlebitis, Post-Thrombotic Syndrome, (problems with the valves in the veins); SVS on chronic venous insufficiency.
- CVD Cardiovascular disease.
- DVT Deep vein thrombosis (blood clot within a vein, usually in the leg);NHS on deep vein thrombosis; Thrombosis adviser on venous thrombosis.
- Lymphoedema; Lymphoedema support network; NHS on lymphoedema.
- PAD Peripheral arterial disease, peripheral vascular disease, PVD (restricted blood supply to the leg muscles).
- TAA Thoracic aortic aneurysm.
- Varicose veins, vascular veins (large veins in the legs); NHS on varicose veins.
- Venous vascular disease (interrupted blood flow in the blood vessels); Affinity health system on venous vascular disease; Venous Institute of Buffalo on venous vascular lab.
Vascular Surgery Treatments
- Aortic aneurysm surgery (surgery to treat aneurysm in the aorta); BUPA on aortic aneurysm surgery.
- Brain aneurysm repair.
- CAS Carotid angioplasty and stenting, (treatment of blocked or narrowed carotid artery); Medline plus on angioplasty and stent placement – carotid artery.
- Carotid endarterectomy (clean the carotid (neck) arteries to prevent stroke); SVS on carotid endarterectomy; NIH on carotid endarterectomy.
- Sclerotherapy (removal of thread vein); Radiance vein clinic on thread vein removal; Vascular surgery on foam sclerotherapy.
- AHA on stroke death incidence in the US; Medline plus on stroke.
- Sympathectomy, endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy (ETS), cervical sympathectomy, lumbar sympathectomy (treatment of excessive sweating, hyperhidrosis); Cambridge University Hospitals on cervical or lumbar sympathectomy for hyperhidrosis; Medline plus on endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy.
- Varicose vein treatment (treatment of varicose veins, usually in the leg); Medline plus on varicose vein stripping; NHS on varicose vein treatment.
- Vascular diagnosis (diagnosis of vascular disease or disorder); Novant health on vascular diagnostics.
- Vascular neurosurgery; George’s University Hospital on vascular neurosurgery.
- Vascular diseases of kidneys.