- Biopsy (removal of tissue from any part of the body in order to examine it for disease); Radiology info on biopsy.
- Dexa Bone density scan, Bone densitometry, bone density scan, dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry, DXA (ionizing radiation technique to produce images in order to measure bone loss).
- Brachytherapy; Radiology info on brachytherapy.
- Cryotherapy; Radiology info on cryotherapy.
- CT Scan: Computed Tomography (x-ray technique to produce images in order to look for diseases in the body); Radiology info on computed tomography.
- CyberKnife® (frameless robotic radiosurgery); Wikipedia on cyber knife.
- Digital fluoroscopy; NYMI on tomosynthesis mammography.
- EBT External beam therapy; Radiology info on EBT therapy.
- Galactography, galactogram, ductography (create pictures of the inside of the breast’s milk ducts); Radiology info on galactogram.
- Gamma Knife® (radiation therapy); Radiology info on gamma knife.
- IGRT Image-guided radiation therapy (use of imaging during radiation therapy to improve the precision and accuracy of treatment delivery); Radiology info IGRT.
- IMRT Intensity-modulated radiotherapy; Radiology info on IMRT.
- LINAC Linear accelerator; Radiology info on LINAC.
- Mammography (low-dose x-rays technique to produce images in order to detect cancer early); Radiology info on mammography.
- MRI Scan: MR scan, magnetic resonance imaging (magnetic fields and radio waves technique to produce images in order to look for diseases in the body); NHS on MRI scan; Radiology info on MRI scan.
- Myelography (fluoroscopy x-ray); Radiology info on myelography.
- Nuclear medicine imaging.
- Pediatric radiology; Radiology info on pediatric imaging.
- Peripheral vascular studies; www.queensheart.org/peripheral-vascular-studies
- PET scan Positron emission tomography scan (radioactive tracer technique to produce images in order to look for diseases in the body); Medline plus on PET scan; Radiology info on computed tomography.
- Proton therapy; Radiology info on proton therapy.
- Radioembolization; Radiology info on radioembolization Y90.
- RIT Radioimmunotherapy; Radiology info on radioimmunotherapy (RIT).
- Sonomammography, breast ultrasound examination; Dr. Gonzalo Diaz on better breast cancer detection.
- SBRT Stereotactic body radiotherapy; Radiology info on stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) and stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT).
- SRS Stereotactic radiosurgery; Radiology info on stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) and stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT).
- Ultrasound scanning, ultrasound imaging, sonography (sound waves technique to produce images in order to look for diseases in the body); Radiology info on ultrasound.
- VIR, IR Vascular and interventional radiology, pinhole surgery (radiological image guidance to precisely target minimally invasive therapy).
- Vertebroplasty, kyphoplasty (treat vertebral compression fractures in the spinal column); Radiology info on vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty.
- X-ray (Radiography); Radiology info on X-ray (radiography).
On the Medical Tourism web site you can find information about:
– Gamma knife surgery cost
– the best radiology hospital in the world
– the best radiology in India
– the best radiologist in Bangalore.