Best Low-Cost Bariatric and Weight Loss Surgery Abroad: Medical Tourism
Do you wish to find the best low cost bariatric surgery doctors in the world? Many people are often traveling to foreign countries only for this reason – they wish to be operated on by a particular specialist in this medical field.
Bariatric surgeons can have specializations all over the world, but a large number of them are located in Asia, in countries such as Turkey, China and South Korea or in Europe, particularly in Spain, and Greece.
Besides having procedures that cost less in other countries, patients usually have a far more discreet medical service abroad. Patients are also opting for traveling since they can wait for a very long time to get the surgery in their country of residence.
What is Bariatric and Weight Loss Surgery?
These surgical procedures consider the stomach and digestive system. Their goal is to control how much food a person can consume in order to maintain a healthy weight. The surgeries are connected to weight loss, but they are not only for cosmetic purposes. People who have a high body mass index (BMI) are more prone to suffer from medical conditions such as diabetes, heart diseases, high blood pressure.
Before undertaking such a drastic body change, the patient has to pass through a medical evaluation process. Bariatric surgery doctors or obesity doctors need to do an in-depth medical check-up and see if the patient’s body can handle such an operation and what would be the next steps afterward.
Persons who wish to undergo operations such as these need to keep in mind that even after the procedure is done, they will need to strictly follow the diet which their doctor prescribed. It is necessary to introduce lifestyle changes in order that the surgery can be successful in the long term. After Bariatric surgery you need extra vitamins and minerals. DEKAs Bariatric delivers them in just one tablet per day.
Bariatric and Weight Loss Surgery Abroad
Because these surgeries are delicate and they need a considerable amount of aftercare, the best idea would be to spend some time in the country where the surgery took place. Having an impromptu vacation after the procedure is done, would benefit the patient in the long run. Also, since the hospital would be nearby, the patient can come for regular check-ups and be under doctor’s supervision more easily.
Naturally, this vacation will mostly consist of only lying on the beach or near the pool and relaxing, without any sports activities. Taking some time off and strictly following the doctor’s orders are mandatory for a full recovery.
After your surgery is scheduled, make sure to book your hotel accommodation and plane ticket right away. Try to have everything settled in advance to have a piece of mind before your journey and the procedure.
Also, make sure that your passport is up-to-date. For some foreign countries, you may need a visa besides your passport. Do some research and figure out if you need a medical or a regular tourist visa, as well as which documentation is needed. Remember, getting a visa can take some time, so make sure to apply for one as soon as your surgery gets approved.
Finding the Best Hospitals and Doctors Abroad
Are you searching for the best low cost bariatric and weight loss surgery abroad? Look no further. Medical Tourism Directory is the place where you can find all the information that you need.
How does this work? Simple. Let’s say, for example, that you are interested in bariatric surgery cost in Europe.Before finding that information, you need to have details about all hospitals that have this service included in Europe. Once you choose the specialty, which is Bariatric and weight loss surgery in this case, and let’s say you are interested in gastric bypass surgery in Europe, you will be presented with a list of hospitals in this location offering that procedure.
If you are looking for a VBLOC therapy, you can find it at Quironsalud in Spain.
According to your medical condition and surgeons’ availability, choose the best option for you.
Bariatric and Weight Loss Treatments
You can find below the list of all bariatric surgeries and weight loss treatments that can be arranged abroad:
- Duodenal Switch Surgery, Biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch (BPD/DS) (weight loss surgery (WLS) for patients with very high BMIs); ASMBS on bariatric surgery procedure; WLS info on sleeve gastronomy and duodenal switch; The bariatric and metabolic center on duodenal switch surgery.
- Gastric Balloon, intragastric balloon (reduce the feeling of hunger by inserting a soft balloon into the stomach); Spire healthcare on weight loss.
- Gastric Band Surgery, Gastric Banding Surgery, Gastric Stapling (Restrictive) Surgery, Stomach Stapling Surgery, Adjustable Gastric Banding, Vertical Banded Gastroplasty, Lap-Band®, LAGB, laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding, bariatric surgery, laparoscopic gastric banding (reduce the amount of the stomach with an adjustable band around it); ASMBS on adjustable gastric band; BUPA on gastric band operation.
- Gastric bypass, Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (make the stomach smaller and bypass part of the bowels, so that fewer calories are absorbed); BUPA on gastric bypass surgery.
- Gastric plication, sleeve plication, Laparoscopic gastric plication, Laparoscopic greater curvature plication (restrict the amount of food the stomach can hold in order to eat smaller portions); UC San Diego School of medicine on endoscopic gastric plication; ASMBS on gastric plication.
- Gastric sleeve, sleeve gastrectomy (change the stomach from a pouch to a thin sleeve by removing the major part of the stomach); ASMBS on sleeve gastrectomy; UCLA health on gastric sleeve.
- Metabolic bariatric surgery; Bariatric and metabolic surgery on bariatric surgery.
- Revisional bariatric surgery (repair an earlier bariatric surgery which gave undesirable outcome).
- VBLOC therapy; DUKE health on VBLOC therapy.