SURGERY: GENERAL TREATMENTS
- Appendectomy, Appendisectomy, Appendicectomy (removal of appendix); Nuffield health on appendisectomy.
- Breast surgery, mastectomy (breast enlargement or breast removal); NHS on mastectomy ; BUPA on breast augmentation.
- Cardiomyotomy, laparoscopic cardiomyotomy, laparoscopic Heller procedure (operation for achalasia of the cardia); NHS trust on laparoscopic Heller procedure (cardiomyotomy).
- Distal pancreatectomy.
- Gallbladder surgery, cholecystectomy (removal of the gallbladder); BUPA on gallbladder removal.
- Gastrectomy (remove part of the stomach); NHS on gastrectomy.
- Gastric banding, gastric band operation (surgery to lose weight by reducing the amount the stomach can hold); BUPA on gastric band.
- Gastrojejunostomy, gastric bypass, “Roux-En-Y” surgery (treatment of eating problems due to stomach cancer); Stomach cancer on gastrojejunostomy Roux-en-Y surgery.
- Goiter removal surgery; BTF on thyroid surgery; ATA on thyroid surgery.
- Hemorrhoids treatment, piles treatment; BUPA on hemorrhoids.
- Hernia repair, Inguinal hernia repair (repair tears in the abdominal wall muscle); SAGES on laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair surgery; BHC on laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair (keyhole surgery).
- Laparoscopic surgery, minimally invasive surgery (MIS), bandaid surgery, keyhole surgery (surgery without making large incisions in the skin).
- Lumpectomy (remove the breast tumor only – not the whole breast); Breast cancer on lumpectomy surgery.
- Lung biopsy, lung needle biopsy (remove a piece of lung tissue for examination); Medline plus on lung needle biopsy; NHS trust on CT-guided needle lung biopsy.
- Lung surgery.
- Mastectomy (remove the breast); NHS on mastectomy.
- Nephrectomy (removal of a kidney); National kidney foundation on nephrectomy.
- Nissen’s fundoplication (treatment of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease – GORD); BUPA on fundoplication.
- Pancreatic bypass surgery; Pancreatic cancer action on pancreatic bypass surgery.
- Pediatric Surgery; Pediatric surgical associates on patient and family education.
- Proctology (diseases of the rectum and anus); Sydney proctology website.
- Splenectomy (remove the spleen); PDSA on splenectomy; NHS on spleen problems and spleen removal.
- Thyroidectomy (remove all or part of the thyroid gland); Medline plus on thyroid gland removal.
- Tonsillectomy (remove the tonsils); NHS on tonsillitis.
On the Medical Tourism web site you can find information about:
– surgery abroad
– surgery overseas
– surgical tourism.