SURGERY: CARDIOTHORACIC TREATMENTS
- Aortic aneurysm surgery, Aortic Root Aneurysms Surgery (repair or replace a widened part in the aorta).
- AVR Aortic valve repair, aortic valve replacement, TAVI: Transcatheter aortic valve implantation (treatment of diseased or damaged heart valves).
- Aortofemoral bypass surgery, aorto BI femoral bypass surgery (bypass diseased large blood vessels).
- Arrhythmia surgery (treat heart that beats too fast or too slow).
- Atherectomy for atherosclerosis (remove plaque from a blood vessel with a catheter).
- Catheter ablation.
- Coronary angiography (check of blood flow through the heart arteries with contrast material and x-rays.)
- Coronary angioplasty, PTCA: percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty, PCI: percutaneous coronary intervention (widen a blocked or narrowed coronary artery, sometimes with a stent); NHS on coronary angioplasty and stent insertion.
- CABG Coronary artery bypass grafting.
- ICD Defibrillator implantImplantable Cardioverter Defibrillator, AICD: Automated Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (implantation of a device that is monitoring the heart condition and can deliver an electric shock (defibrillation) to restore a normal heartbeat function.
- DOR procedure EVCPP: Endoventricular circular patch plasty (restore a dilated left ventricle of the heart).
- ECMO Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation.
- Heart bypass surgery, colloquially heart bypass, coronary artery bypass graft surgery (CABG), coronary artery bypass surgery (replace damaged arteries in the heart).
- Heart transplantation.
- Minimally invasive atrial septal defect closure.
- Minimally invasive mitral valve surgery.
- MVR Mitral valve replacement, Mitral valve surgery (repair or replace the mitral valve in the heart).
- Open mitral valve surgery.
- Pacemakers(implantation of a pacemaker to monitor a heart with abnormal heartbeat (bradycardia, tachycardia, heart block, cardiac arrest) and to keep the heart beating regularly).
- Pediatric cardiac surgery, pediatric heart surgery, Pediatric Cardiology (heart surgery on children to repair heart defects and heart diseases); Medline plus on pediatric heart surgery.
- Redo valve surgery (re-operation of implanted artificial valves).
- TMR Transmyocardial revascularization, TMLR: Transmyocardial laser revascularization (for patients who cannot have a heart bypass surgery).
- VAD Ventricular assist devices.
- Ventricular septal defect.
On the Medical Tourism web site you can find:
– the best heart hospital in the world
– the best cardiac surgeon (heart surgeon) in the world
– the best heart hospital in India
– information about bypass surgery cost in India.