LEARNING ABOUT GASTROENTEROLOGY
- Bile duct stricture.
- Common bile duct stones; NY Times on bile duct stones; Medline plus on choledocholithiasis
- Gallbladder stones
- Obstructive jaundice; The Princess Grace hospital on obstructive jaundice; Pancreatic cancer action on jaundice.
- Pancreatitis, acute pancreatitis, chronic pancreatitis (inflamed pancreas); The Princess Grace hospital on pancreatitis.
- Stomach cancer, gastric cancer; Wikipedia on stomach cancer; Macmillan cancer support on stomach cancer.
- Bypass surgery – blocked bile duct; Pancreatic cancer UK on bile duct bypass surgery.
- Bypass surgery – blocked duodenum; Pancreatic cancer UK on blocked duodendum bypass surgery.
- Capsule endoscopy (examine the digestive tract by swallowing a capsule with a camera); Given imaging on PillCam capsule endoscopy; Wikipedia on capsule endoscopy.
- Colon polypectomy (removal of polyps in the colon); GI gastroenterology on polypectomy.
- Colonoscopy (examine the lining of the bowel for disorders, e.g. bowel cancer); Macmillan UK on colonoscopy.
- Colorectal surgery (treatment of colon cancer and rectal cancer: colorectal cancers); ACG on colorectal cancer; Puget sound gastroenterology on colon cancer.
- ERCP Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (examine the pancreatic and bile ducts); SAGES on ERCP.
- Gallbladder surgery, gallbladder stones removal, cholecystectomy; NHS on gallstones; NHS on gallbladder removal; BUPA on gallbladder removal.
- Gastrectomy (removal of stomach); No stomach for cancer on gastrectomy.
- Gastrojejunostomy, gastric bypass, “Roux-En-Y” surgery (treatment of eating problems due to stomach cancer); Stomach cancer on gastrojejunostomy roux-en-y surgery.
- Gastroscopy, upper gastrointestinal endoscopy, UGI, GI endoscopy, gastrointestinal endoscopy, esophagogastroduodenoscopy, EGD, panendoscopy (examination of the gullet, stomach and the small intestine); BUPA on gastroscopy; NIDDK on upper GI endoscopy.
- Liver biopsy (remove a small piece of the liver in order to examine it for signs of disease); British liver trust on liver biopsy.
- Liver transplantation (surgery to remove a diseased liver and replace it with a healthy donor human liver); British liver trust on liver transplantation.
- Nissen’s fundoplication, fundo (treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease GERD, and hiatal hernia); Living with reflux on Nissen’s fundoplication.
- Pancreatectomy (removal of pancreas); Laparoscopic MD on pancreatectomy.
- Pancreatic biopsy (remove a small piece of the pancreas in order to examine it for signs of disease); PCAN on biopsy; Hirshberg foundation on pancreatic cancer treatment options.
- Pediatric gastroenterology (treatment of children with disorders of the digestive system, the liver or with nutritional problems); Healthy children on pediatric gastroenterologist;
- PTCA Percutaneous transhepatic cholangiogram, percutaneous transhepatic cholangiography PTC, (X-ray of the bile ducts); Medline plus on percutaneous transhepatic cholangiogram; Pancreatic cancer action on percutaneous transhepatic cholangiogram (PTC).
- Puestow procedure, Puestow-Gillesby procedure, pancreaticojejunostomy (surgery to treat chronic pancreatitis); Wikipedia on Puestow procedure.
- Right hemicolectomy (removal of the right colon and the last part of the small bowel and transverse colon); Sussex surgical specialists on right hemicolectomy.
- Rubber band ligation.
- Sigmoidoscopy, flexible sigmoidoscopy (detect bowel cancer); NHS on bowel cancer and flexible sigmoidoscopy; NHS Foundation trust on flexible sigmoidoscopy.
- Sphincterotomy, lateral internal sphincterotomy (surgery on the anal sphincter muscle for the treatment of chronic anal fissure); Wikipedia on lateral internal sphincterotomy.
- Whipple procedure, pancreaticoduodenectomy (surgery to remove tumors in the pancreas); PCAN on whipple procedure (pancreaticoduodenectomy); UpToDate on pylorus-preserving pancreaticoduodenectomy.
On the Medical Tourism web site you can find:
– the best gastroenterology hospital in the world
– the best gastroenterology hospital in India
– the best gastroenterologist in India.