SURGERY: NEUROLOGICAL TREATMENTS
- Back and neck pain treatment; Spine Health on back and neck pain treatment.
- Brachial plexus surgery (treatment of nerves that goes from the spinal cord in the neck down to the arm; ASSH on brachial plexus injury; CUMC on brachial plexus avulsion injuries.
- Brain aneurysm repair (surgery to correct an aneurysm); Medline plus on brain aneurysm repair; Brain aneurysms on brain aneurysm treatment; AANS on cerebral aneurysm treatment.
- Brain surgery; Brain tumor charity on neurosurgery for brain tumors in adults.
- Brain tumor treatment; Brain tumor center on their clinical programs.
- Cervical disc replacement, artificial disc replacement; The spine hospital on arthroplasty (artificial disc replacement).
- Craniotomy (surgery to open the head and operate on the brain).
- CyberKnife® (high-power energy radiation therapy); Medline plus on stereotactic radiosurgery – CyberKnife.
- Deep brain stimulation, DBS (treatment of disabling neurological symptoms).
- Double vision treatment.
- Epilepsy brain surgery; Epilepsy action on epilepsy surgery for adults; Epilepsy society on epilepsy surgery.
- Gamma Knife® (beams of gamma radiation to treat lesions within the brain); NCSR on gamma knife treatment.
- Headache treatment; Columbia neurosurgeons on headache relief; UCLH on the headache group.
- Hydrocephalus treatment, water on the brain (buildup of fluid inside the skull, which can increase pressure and cause damage to the brain); Headway on hydrocephalus; Shine on hydrocephalus.
- Laminectomy (surgery to remove the lamina in order to take pressure off the spinal nerves or spinal cord); Medline plus on laminectomy.
- Lumbar decompression surgery (treatment of compressed nerves in the lower spine); Medline plus on lumbar decompression surgery.
- Lumbar puncture, spinal tap (procedure to examine the cerebrospinal fluid in order to diagnose disorders of the central nervous system, or cancer of the brain or spinal cord); Neurosurgical associates on lumbar puncture.
- Microdiscectomy, minidiscectomy, microlumbar discectomy, MLD (remove the intervertebral disc that is compressing the nerve root); USC on microdiscectomy; BASS on lumbar discectomy and decompression.
- Microsurgical clipping (surgical treatment for brain aneurysms); Brain aneurysm foundation on clipping.
- MINS Minimally invasive neurosurgery, minimally invasive surgery, MIS; Beaumont on minimally invasive neurosurgery.
- Neuro-oncology (treatment of tumours in the central nervous system, CNS, i.e. in the brain and spinal cord; NHS trust on neuro-oncology.
- Neuroendoscopy (minimally invasive treatment of central nervous system disorders); Renishaw on neuroendoscopy.
- Neurotraumatology; Hawaii government on neurotrauma support.
- Pediatric neurosurgery; Healthy children on pediatric neurosurgeons.
- Peripheral nerve surgery (treatment of peripheral nerve disorders); Medline plus on peripheral neuropathy.
- Pituitary tumors treatment; https://pituitary.ucla.edu/pituitary-adenomas; Macmillan on pituitary tumors.
- Radiofrequency rhizotomy, radiofrequency neurotomy, facet joint radiofrequency rhizotomy (therapeutic procedure to decrease nerve pain by destroying nerves with heat); CDI on radiofrequency (RF) rhizotomy; SMM on facet joint radiofrequency rhizotomy.
- Spinal decompression therapy, spinal traction, Intermittent sustained spinal traction ISST, Triton decompression traction system, DTS (treatment to release the pressure on damaged spinal discs, joints and nerves)
- Spinal fusion, spondylodesis, spondylosyndesis (join two or more adjoining vertebrae); KnowYourBack on spinal fusion; Wikipedia on spinal fusion.
- Spinal stenosis (narrowing of spaces in the backbone that results in pressure on the spinal cord or nerve roots); National Institutes of Health on spinal stenosis.
- Spinal surgery; NHS trust on spinal surgery.
- SBRT Stereotactic body radiotherapy (treatment of body tumors); RadiologyInfo on stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) and stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT).
- SRS Stereotactic radiosurgery (treat functional abnormalities and small tumors of the brain); Medline plus on stereotactic radiosurgery – CyberKnife; Cancer research UK on primary brain tumor.
- TCD Transcranial doppler study, intracranial neurovascular exam (measure the rate and direction of blood flow inside vessels by ultrasound to support the diagnosis of various brain conditions).
- Vascular neurosurgery, cerebrovascular surgery (treatment of abnormalities of blood vessels of the brain and spinal cord); NHS trust on vascular neurosurgery.
On the Medical Tourism web site you can find:
– the best neurosurgeon in the world
– the best neurosurgeon in India
– the best neurosurgery hospital in India.