Best low-cost Neurology Hospitals in the World: Medical Tourism
Some people wish to consult only with the best neurologists around. For example, the best neurologist in Delhi was only available to people living near Delhi or in India. However, thanks to the globalization of the health care and easier traveling, today people from all around the world can come to India looking for the best medical treatment available.
The benefits of medical tourism are numerous. The patients do not have to wait for months and months on end for their medical treatments to begin or their medical procedures to be done. Now it is a more straightforward process and many patients take these opportunities to travel and get the help and medical examination that they need. Health should be a top priority and possibilities to get cured abroad are getting available to a larger and larger number of people each year.
What is Neurology
Neurology is a medical field which is dedicated to the curing of the nervous system. The nervous system consists of the central nervous system and the peripheral nervous system. This system is one of the most important systems for a normal functioning human body. Neurology can cure everything from headaches and sleep problems, to more serious conditions such as epilepsy and different nerves damage.
The doctors that are in charge when it comes to the nervous system are called neurologists. They are specialized in diagnosing and prescribing courses of treatment of various neurological disorders.
Medical Tourism and Neurology
In some cases, it is more affordable to get the needed medical attention abroad. Medical experts usually have a long list of patients that are waiting to to be examined by them. It can take you up to several months or even a year before it is your turn for the medical appointment. Luckily, today there are more ways of getting the right diagnosis and cure since medical tourism offers benefits of seeking treatments in other countries. Patients are no longer bounded only to their country of living.
However, traveling does still include some paperwork. Your passport is also a mandatory document which needs to be up-to-date. In case it is not, schedule the appointment to renew it well in advance before your planned trip.
Also, in order to enter some countries, you will need a visa. Visa is a sticker which will be placed in your passport and it indicates that you are allowed to enter the country. Some of the countries, like India for instance, offer medical visas to tourists. These are a special kind of visas which are issued to people who are only traveling for medical reasons. To apply for such a visa, you also need to provide your medical documentation as a proof.
Finding Neurology Treatments Abroad
Finding the best neurology hospital in the world that suits your needs may seem as an impossibly complicated task. But with the help of the Medical Tourism Directory that does not seem like such a difficult mission after all.
Are you looking for the best neurology hospital in India? Just choose neurology and pick the treatment you are looking for, as well as India as your chosen country and click on the “Search” button.
You can also find a health care provider in Europe. There are neurologists, for example, in Rudolfinerhaus Privatklinik which is located in Vienna, Austria or in Hygeia Hospital in Marousi, Greece.
Or if you wish to travel to South America and it is closer to your country, you could consult with the neurosurgery specialists in Medica Sur in Ciudad de Mexico, Mexico.
Learning about Neurology
- ALS Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Lou Gehrig’s disease;ASHA on ALS; International alliance of ALS and MND associations.
- CTS Carpal tunnel syndrome (pressed or squeezed nerve at the wrist);NIH on carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Epilepsy;Epilepsy foundation.
- Headache and facial pain;Stanford medicine on their headache program.
- MND Motor neuron disease;MNDA; Brain and spine foundation.
- Neuromuscular disorders;Medline plus on neuromuscular disorders.
- Sleep disorders, sleep medicine, sleep lab, sleep study (care of patients with sleep problems);NIH on brain basics and understanding sleep.
- Neuro-oncology (treatment of tumours in the central nervous system, CNS, i.e. in the brain and spinal cord;The NHS Christie on neuro-oncology.
- Neuro-psychology;Wikipedia on neuropsychology.
- Pediatric neurology (treatment of children with nervous system disorders);Yale school of medicine on neurology.
- Spinal decompression therapy (non-surgical care for herniated discs, sciatica, and low back pain);Southwick chiropractic and wellness on spinal decompression therapy.
- Vagal nerve stimulator (device that sends electrical impulses to the vagus nerve in the neck to reduce and stop seizures);Memphis neurology on vagal nerve stimulator.