Best Low-Cost Eye / Ophthalmology Clinics Abroad: Medical Tourism
On the Medical Tourism directory you can find:
- The best ophthalmology clinics abroad
- The best ophthalmologists abroad
- The best cost for ophthalmology treatments.
Learning About Ophthalmology and Eye Care
Ophthalmology / Eye Conditions
- Astigmatism (minor eye condition that causes blurred or distorted vision); National eye institute on astigmatism.
- Cataract (eye condition that causes cloudy or blurred vision and can be treated by wearing glasses or by phacoemulsification surgery); BUPA on cataract.
- Cornea and external diseases; BPEI on corneal and external diseases.
- Corneal transplant, keratoplasty, corneal graft (to remove damaged cornea and replace it with healthy donor tissue); NHS on cornea transplant.
- Glaucoma (group of eye conditions that affect vision); Glaucoma association; Look after your eyes on glaucoma.
- Presbyopia (age-related eye problem that can be treated with eyeglasses, contact lenses or surgery); All about vision on presbyopia; Bausch and Lomb on presbyopia.
- Pterygium; APC on pterygium.
- Ptosis (drooping of the upper eyelid); AAPOS on ptosis.
- Retina and vitreous;
- Retinal detachment (surgery to re-attach retina); NHS on retinal detachment.
- Retinoblastoma (eye cancer in children); Retinoblastoma in children.
- Squint-strabismus (the eyes point in different directions); NHS Foundation trust on squint strabismus.
- Uveitis (inflammation of the middle layer of the eye); NHS on uveitis.
Ophthalmology / Eye Treatments
- Argon Laser treatment (for different conditions in the eyes); OPTX Argon laser treatment.
- Artificial eyes (ocular prosthesis); NHS Foundation trust on ocular prosthetics.
- Eye examination (health check for eyes in order to pick up early signs of eye conditions); NHS on the importance of eye tests.
- Eye muscle surgery, eye muscle repair (surgery of eye muscles to treat strabismus, crossed eyes); Medline plus on eye muscle repair.
- Intraocular injection
- IOL Intraocular lens implants, (synthetic, artificial lens placed inside the eye that replaces the focusing power of a natural lens, including Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE) and Implantable Contact Lenses (ICL).) Optimax on implantable contact lenses.
- LASEK, Laser-assisted sub-epithelial keratectomy, laser epithelial keratomileusis (modification of PRK); PubMed on LASIK, LASEK and PRK treatments.
- Lasik, laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis.
- Neuro-ophthalmology (visual problems that are related to the nervous system).
- Oculofacial plastic surgery, ophthalmic plastic surgery (cosmetic surgery on eyes and areas surrounding the eyes); EyePlastics on cosmetic eyelid surgery.
- PRK Photorefractive keratectomy (refractive surgery to treat nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia), astigmatism or presbyopia).
- Pneumatic Retinopexy (procedure to repair rhegmatogenous retinal detachments); AAO Eyewiki on pneumatic retinopexy.
- Refractive surgery (surgery methods to correct a refractive error, such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism or presbyopia); AAO on refractive surgery.
- SBK Surgery, IntraLase SBK, Sub-Bowman’s Keratomileusis (hybrid procedure offering of PRK and LASIK);
- Scleral buckling surgery (technique to repair rhegmatogenous retinal detachments); Njretina on scleral buckling surgery; Eyewiki on scleral buckling for rhegmatogenous retinal detachment.
- Vitrectomy (remove the vitreous gel from the inside of the eye in order to be able to treat the eye for various condition); Lions eye institute on vitrectomy.
- Yag laser capsulotomy (to eliminates cloudiness that can interfere after cataract surgery);