LEARNING ABOUT EYE CARE
- Astigmatism (minor eye condition that causes blurred or distorted vision); American academy of ophthalmology on astigmatism; National eye institute on astigmatism.
- Cataract (eye condition that causes cloudy or blurred vision and can be treated by wearing glasses or by phacoemulsification surgery); National eye institute on cataract; BUPA on cataract.
- Cornea and external diseases; BPEI on corneal and external diseases.
- Corneal transplant, keratoplasty, corneal graft (to remove damaged cornea and replace it with healthy donor tissue); NHS on cornea transplant.
- Glaucoma (group of eye conditions that affect vision); Glaucoma association; NICE on glaucoma; Look after your eyes on glaucoma.
- Presbyopia (age-related eye problem that can be treated with eyeglasses, contact lenses or surgery); All about vision on presbyopia; NEI on presbyopia; Bausch and Lomb on presbyopia.
- Pterygium; APC on pterygium.
- Ptosis (drooping of the upper eyelid); AAO on ptosis; www.asoprs.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3669; AAPOS on ptosis.
- Retina and vitreous; UCFS Medical center Retina and vitreous clinic.
- Retinal detachment (surgery to re-attach retina); NHS on retinal detachment.
- Retinoblastoma (eye cancer in children); Retinoblastoma in children.
- Squint-strabismus (the eyes point in different directions); NHS Foundation trust on squint strabismus.
- Uveitis (inflammation of the middle layer of the eye); NHS on uveitis.
- Argon Laser treatment (for different conditions in the eyes); OPTX Argon laser treatment.
- Artificial eyes (ocular prosthesis); NHS Foundation trust on ocular prosthetics.
- Eye examination (health check for eyes in order to pick up early signs of eye conditions); NHS on the importance of eye tests.
- Eye muscle surgery, eye muscle repair (surgery of eye muscles to treat strabismus, crossed eyes); Medline plus on eye muscle repair.
- (synthetic, artificial lens placed inside the eye that replaces the focusing power of a natural lens, including Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE) and Implantable Contact Lenses (ICL).)
AAPOS on intraocular lens implant; Optimax on implantable contact lenses.
- LASEK, Laser-assisted sub-epithelial keratectomy, laser epithelial keratomileusis (modification of PRK); PubMed on LASIK, LASEK and PRK treatments.
- Lasik, laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis, (refractive surgery to treat
nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia), astigmatism or presbyopia); AAO on LASIK treatment; All about vision on LASIK and laser eye surgery; NCBI on LASIK, LASEK and PRK treatments.
- Neuro-ophthalmology (visual problems that are related to the nervous system); https://www.nanosweb.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3279.
- Oculofacial plastic surgery, ophthalmic plastic surgery (cosmetic surgery on eyes and areas surrounding the eyes); EyePlastics on cosmetic eyelid surgery.
- Pediatric ophthalmology (children’s eye care); AAPOS.
- PRK Photorefractive keratectomy (refractive surgery to treat nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia), astigmatism or presbyopia).
- Pneumatic Retinopexy (procedure to repair rhegmatogenous retinal detachments); AAO Eyewiki on pneumatic retinopexy.
- Refractive surgery (surgery methods to correct a refractive error, such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism or presbyopia); AAO on refractive surgery.
- SBK Surgery, IntraLase SBK, Sub-Bowman’s Keratomileusis (hybrid procedure offering of PRK and LASIK); London eye center on intralase SBK surgery.
- Scleral buckling surgery (technique to repair rhegmatogenous retinal detachments); Njretina on scleral buckling surgery; Eyewiki on scleral buckling for rhegmatogenous retinal detachment.
- Vitrectomy (remove the vitreous gel from the inside of the eye in order to be able to treat the eye for various condition); Lions eye institute on vitrectomy.
- Yag laser capsulotomy (to eliminates cloudiness that can interfere after cataract surgery); Centre for sight on Yag laser capsulotomy.
On the Medical Tourism web site you can find:
– the best eye hospital in the world
– the best eye hospital in India
– the best eye hospital in Delhi.