- ISO certification: 9001
Number of beds681
MD Anderson’s International Center is here to help you make a smooth transition to the United States and provide support at every step of your cancer journey.
From the moment you contact MD Anderson, you will be assigned an international patient representative who speaks your language and can guide you through appointment preparations, visa assistance, travel to Houston and more.
International Center services include:
Preparing for your first visit with medical records, travel and housing arrangements
Obtaining proper travel visas
Airport arrival assistance and transportation to MD Anderson
Free interpreters to help you understand medical language and communicate effectively with your cancer care team
Assistance with navigating the MD Anderson campus and taking advantage of our support services
Help getting around Houston and locating embassies, currency exchange outlets, restaurants and other cultural amenities to make you feel at home
Texas Anderson Hospital in figures (2017):
- More than 19,530 employees
- 1,743 faculty members
- Roughly 3,200 onsite and offsite volunteers
- MD Anderson cared for close to 137,000 patients — more than 44,000 of whom were new patients
- More than 10,800 participants were enrolled in 1,250-plus clinical trials exploring innovative treatments
- MD Anderson provided uninsured or underinsured Texans more than $179.4 million in uncompensated care
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., central U.S. time zone
We also provide interpreters for languages not listed, but a 24-hour notice is required. Telephone interpreter service is available 24/7 for Spanish and Arabic.
Our departments and medical specialties